Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sims 3 Project: A Story Told Before (Need Help! Read for Details)
15-06-2009, 04:41 PM (This post was last modified: 15-06-2009 06:36 PM by Link.)
Sims 3 Project: A Story Told Before (Need Help! Read for Details)
So far there have been no photos or anything. I didn't think of making an Album (in fact, why doesn't this game HAVE an Album maker?), but my project ultimately can still go on with some blanks being filled in along the way.

I need a lot of help though from the "lore" fanatics. Yes, The Sims has lore, although I'm sure it's riddled with conflictions and retcons and what not.

Here's the story as it is: I'm playing Sun Valley, I was totally unaware the Newbies were in Riverview, and so I created my OWN Newbies based off The Sims original versions of them (they turned out pretty accurate actually) so, after I found Newbies already existed. I got the idea that THESE Sims are somehow trapped in the past and forced to live out the rest of their lives (sort of like an alternate reality.) So... here is the MASSIVE undertaking I have... undertook:

I want to progress my plot as CLOSELY to the actual timeline as I possibly can. Telling a story along the way, not only of the trapped time travelers, but of all the other premades throughout Sims history as well.

Having NEVER played The Sims 2 and going straight from The Sims, I'm trying to figure out some details that aren't very clear on some wikis. Hopefully you guys can help me so I can tell you an accurate story complete with all the fun pictures, etc.

Currently, as I'm sure I'll have TONS as I progress, this is the question I had:

Goth Manor & Goth Home are two different places. Goth Manor only exists in TS3 and is promptly burned down somehow (supposedly by Mortimer according to his "memories" in TS1) and I BELIEVE this is when Gunther dies. This is also when Alexander is born. I may be totally wrong here, as things tend to blend together. Here's the specifics though:

Gunther & Cornelia both die in DIFFERENT fires.

Gunther & Cornelia both live to be elderly and are somewhere in TS1, Goth Estate? I can't remember.

Mortimer, Bella, and Cassandra live in a SEPARATE place from Goth Manor called "Goth Home". The Ghosts there are all vaguely named and I assume changed in TS2 to reflect actual dead family members.

Alexander is born, and Gunther dies in a fire.

A little while later Cornelia dies in a SEPARATE fire.

You can see where all the confusion comes from though I'd assume. We've got 3 or 4 different Goth Homes, Two Different houses burning down in a fire, and then the fact that Alexander isn't alive in TS1. It's a little hard to put all the pieces together.

My current plan is simply:

Gunther dies in a fire at the premade Manor in TS3 when Alexander is born. Cornelia lives, and moves in with Mortimer's family at Goth Home. SOMETHING happens there and that home is burnt down and Cornelia dies. Then, a THIRD and FINAL TS1 house is built/rebuilt upon the ruins of the old house, and it progresses to TS2's household.

Does this make sense? Do I have my facts straight?
Quote this message in a reply
16-06-2009, 12:47 AM
Re: Sims 3 Project: A Story Told Before (Need Help! Read for Details)
sounds like the facts are straight to me.

I LOST MY SIGNATURE! No, Really I did. Sad

[Image: 2gy7r10.jpg]

And now you've got it back, along with your Kurt Cobain avatar! ;P
16-06-2009, 01:54 PM
Last night it seems like Photo taking is a pain in the butt. Is there any easy way to take zoomed in photos that look "natural" in terms of having the walls showing, etc. I always seem to have to fight with stupid windows and enclosed spaces, etc.
17-06-2009, 12:32 AM
(16-06-2009 01:54 PM)Link link Wrote:Last night it seems like Photo taking is a pain in the butt. Is there any easy way to take zoomed in photos that look "natural" in terms of having the walls showing, etc. I always seem to have to fight with stupid windows and enclosed spaces, etc.
the "TAB" button

I LOST MY SIGNATURE! No, Really I did. Sad

[Image: 2gy7r10.jpg]

And now you've got it back, along with your Kurt Cobain avatar! ;P