Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
The Official Nonsense Thread
12-01-2013, 12:09 PM
RE: The Official Nonsense Thread
Ah Saturday. Bliss. No snow as yet, but the sky is very white so the weatherman might have got it right for a change. We shall see.

Yesterday my Windows 7 disc arrived and my friend Bootcamped my iMac for me while I was at work, so that I could waste less of my weekend doing it. Yes - good friend! I still have to install all the Sims games but it gives me a head start. Wish me luck!
Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2013, 01:04 PM
Good luck - there goes your afternoon! BangHead

I think I have found the worst demotivational poster ever.

[Image: Facepalm.jpg]

I'd say to the person that made this one that you are at rock bottom if you cannot tell apart an Orang Utan from a Chimpanzee!

(BTW, why are they now making orangutan all one word? When did that start?)

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
12-01-2013, 02:23 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2013 02:31 PM by Caspin.)
There's way too much facepalming going on these days I think. People are going to do themselves an injury.

How are you feeling today? I am concerned that if you are throwing up you are not getting the right dosage of antibiotics. But then I do tend to worry about that kind of thing.

Installation is going well, computer is going at it like a steam train*! Meanwhile I'm trying to educate myself to be a Windows simmer and read up about DEP settings and other mysteries. Also I have to get used to scrolling the wrong way round on the trackpad. It's going to take a lot of biscuits to get me through this.

* On reflection, more like one of those Japanese bullet trains Smile
13-01-2013, 12:21 PM
Hope it works out for you, Caspin!

Speaking of apes, I'd really like to go on a gorilla trek in Rwanda.

[center][Image: jZwBSkZFApwr9ym65iLlFoaGo1_500.jpg]
[center]
13-01-2013, 04:18 PM
Think you'll like this one Bobert (I may have shown this one before) - guys go to film gorillas, gorillas sit behind them hoping to watch whatever it was they were going to be filming!

"Gimme an F, gimme an A, gimme an I, gimme an L, and whathaveya got?" Biggrin

http://youtu.be/1eXS0o6r-Wk?t=2m28s

13-01-2013, 04:31 PM (This post was last modified: 13-01-2013 08:53 PM by Caspin.)
That's a fab video!

Where is this snow we are meant to be getting? I was hoping it would fall over the weekend while I'm safe and warm at home, but no, it's all going to land during the night isn't it and then I'll have to devise some mad scheme to get to work when the trains all grind to a halt. Grrr.
14-01-2013, 01:33 PM
It is snowing now! But only a little bit. We got a sprinkling of flakes during the night too. If this continues I'll be happy because now they are forecasting sleet. I am less keen on sleet.
15-01-2013, 10:11 PM
(14-01-2013 01:33 PM)Caspin Wrote:  It is snowing now! But only a little bit. We got a sprinkling of flakes during the night too. If this continues I'll be happy because now they are forecasting sleet. I am less keen on sleet.
No snow yet, but it has turned damned cold. It's on its way I think.

For those of you who remember my post a few weeks back about HMV hereabout them laying off their entire extra seasonal staff on Christmas Eve in the two city stores because there was that little sales, today's news is no surprise. If HMV goes, one of the sole reasons for anyone bothering with the high street anymore will be gone - it will be nothing but charity shops and the occasional Marks & Spencers (& I'll be they'd be next to "downsize")

15-01-2013, 10:15 PM
(15-01-2013 10:11 PM)Minty Wrote:  If HMV goes, one of the sole reasons for anyone bothering with the high street anymore will be gone - it will be nothing but charity shops and the occasional Marks & Spencers (& I'll be they'd be next to "downsize")

And betting shops. Squillions of them. Also, estate agents seem to be everywhere.

In the most run-down parts of where I grew up (sorry for the horrific grammar), there's little apart from the occasional Lidl and a lot of hairdressers. It's depressing.
19-01-2013, 08:59 PM
Sims 3 now crashing upon loading. Time to update those NRaas mods I guess!