RE: The Official Nonsense Thread
OH MY GOD. Just watched the new GoT.

[center][Image: jZwBSkZFApwr9ym65iLlFoaGo1_500.jpg]
[center]
Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2013, 10:14 AM
Jealous!

In other news, apparently kids don't know that cheese doesn't grow on trees (don't let them play Sims or the cheese-plant and steak-plant and omniplant will only reinforce this confusion!). They think pasta is made from meat and fish fingers are made from chicken. Fish fingers - the clue is in the name, kids!
03-06-2013, 11:14 AM
Got done with my finals yesterday and in 3 hours I'll be in the airport on my way to Indonesia! I'm spending a month there and I'm staying an extra week in Bali. Can't wait to go to the beach haha

(12-04-2010 10:57 PM)CassieeBethh Wrote:Toilet seats are just yucky. Like... it's just wrong when you think how many butts have been on it.
Joined SF March 19th 2008
03-06-2013, 12:02 PM
Wow! Well have an amazing time. Crumbs, that's quite a trip you're going on.

Enjoy the beach! Cool
03-06-2013, 03:08 PM
(03-06-2013 05:58 AM)bobert26 Wrote:  OH MY GOD. Just watched the new GoT.

Yeah, I kind of saw THAT part coming - it's the one event in the book series that's famous even to non-fans! Yes

It's a straight port from Scottish history under very similar circumstances & it had far reaching consequences. The Black Douglas, I think, was behind it. He was truly a total git, even if he is supposed to be some hero of Scotland - not mine he isn't. I've been to the castle down at the borders where in one of his many dirty deeds he forced a widow at the king's decree to marry him so he could inherit her lands - once the wedding was finished took her to the castle battlements & pushed her off!

BTW Caspin & Ollie, the above is NOT a spoiler! But if George Martin uses it in a later book, we'll know he's an SF member! Tongue

Didn't see the other surprise though, really, REALLY didn't expect that. Like, wow!

BTW, I've a feeling what's going to happen next week is going to top all this though, although usually the last one is merely tying up loose ends & throwing in a douchy cliffhanger that means nothing important. But technically this is only half of book three that's been done, so maybe something OMFG awaits.

Agh! Only one week left, & we face a year, A WHOLE YEAR of no more awesome programme. Why do the nine mock me so? Oh yeah, coz as Tyrian says, they're all such vicious cupid stunts! Biggrin

(03-06-2013 10:14 AM)Caspin Wrote:  In other news, apparently kids don't know that cheese doesn't grow on trees (don't let them play Sims or the cheese-plant and steak-plant and omniplant will only reinforce this confusion!). They think pasta is made from meat and fish fingers are made from chicken. Fish fingers - the clue is in the name, kids!

That's something else they'll be blaming the Sims for now! Biggrin

Be fair though, they could have a point about fishfingers being made from chicken if beefburgers have been getting made out of horses for who knows how long!

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
03-06-2013, 04:10 PM
(03-06-2013 03:08 PM)Minty Wrote:  Be fair though, they could have a point about fishfingers being made from chicken if beefburgers have been getting made out of horses for who knows how long!

True enough. Also I was wrong to say that the clue is in the name - otherwise they might think they're made of fingers!

Soooooo badly want to watch GoT series 3 now. But going to wait patiently. Sometimes I like to test my patience and this is quite a test!
03-06-2013, 05:44 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2013 05:48 PM by Minty.)
If there is any of season 3 you want to see, send me a PM & I can now oblige! Sohappy

Another of those "you couldn't make it up!" moments.

[Image: _67932744_duckpondharwich.jpg]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-22746038
A Sunday League football team from Essex decided to celebrate their title win "in style" with an open top bus parade around their home town.
Duckpond FC, who won the Colchester and District Sunday League Division Two by two points, toured Harwich.
The club, formed in 2011 and named after Cox's Pond in the town, spent £300 on hiring a red London bus for the day on Saturday.
Captain Kris Muir, 25, said: "We wanted to have a proper celebration."
The team, which includes a butcher, welder and railway worker, won 12 of their 16 matches in the 2012/13 campaign, with two draws and two defeats.
Mr Muir, a barman who lives in Harwich, said: "We wanted to go out in style and have a proper celebration.
The hour-long tour also saw them taken round nearby Dovercourt and Parkeston. They spent about £150 on "Duckpond FC" banners that were tied to the bus.

This is what happens when the generation that had "graduation ceremonies" upon leaving primary school with stretch limos become adults. It'll be a civic reception they'll be expecting for doing the dishes next! BangHead

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

03-06-2013, 06:30 PM
:mw_laugh: Lol! Well I guess you can't help but want to celebrate after losing only two matches. Classy!

Re: GoT. It's not the lack of access so much as the time I would lose. When Series 2 arrived we thought we'd watch one episode per night. On the first night I think we watched three. Next thing it's dinner on the sofa because I can't leave the TV to go to the table, then sleep is reduced to under seven hours, then I'm starting to consider taking a day off to watch more. Then of course the episodes run out and that's that. So I'm going to wait ..... and then savour! Thank you very much for the offer, though, it's good to have the support of fellow addicts at this difficult time. Biggrin Might be good if there's no Series 4 for a year so that people who are trying to read the giant books have some time to catch up!
03-06-2013, 08:52 PM
I started reading the third book (pdf!) because I couldn't wait to find out what happens next. I am now facing the fact that the fourth series will probably come out long before I've finished that third book! Shocked

BTW Ahmed, why are you wanting to leave one roasting hot country to go holiday in another roasting hot country? Wouldn't you prefer something like Antarctica just for the change of weather? Tongue

Not jealous. Nope. Not me in the slightest.

Sitting on balmy sun kissed beaches with water of the purest blue above a cloudless sky.
I - AM - NOT - JEALOUS - NGGGGH!
Budo

Egyptiandance Wacko Dizzy-1

04-06-2013, 05:51 AM
I'm still not over it. I kind of knew it would happen because my friend was telling me about it but that was just too much. Too much. I might start reading from where this season ends.

Have a great time in Indonesia, Ahmed! I just got back from Vanuatu... the tropics are just great. Bali's definitely on my list.

[center][Image: jZwBSkZFApwr9ym65iLlFoaGo1_500.jpg]
[center]