Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
The Official Nonsense Thread
27-09-2013, 09:22 AM (This post was last modified: 27-09-2013 09:33 AM by Caspin.)
RE: The Official Nonsense Thread
Ah, domestic duties. I thought that maybe you were grandly thieving some autos on the quiet. Biggrin

When you're done with your windows, do you fancy re-grouting my bathroom? Tongue

I find JWs a lot easier to cope with than the people who come round from Netflix or LoveFilm or other service-providers. They get right up in your face with iPads displaying their wares and seem bewildered that you aren't interested in standing on the stoop all day to chat with them.
Quote this message in a reply
28-09-2013, 02:34 PM
I was feeling somewhat inspired by Minty's efforts this week, so this morning I decided to wash one window of my flat. Yes, a whole window! I'm going to do one per weekend. This may sound as though I've set myself a rather easy target, but when you live in a flat that is not on the ground floor, washing the windows can be logistically challenging. Anyway, one down! In the process I dislodged two more spiders, who ran off screaming (well, they ran off and I did the screaming for them), to go with the three that I collected in a jar on Friday night. I swear there are dozens of them in here! There were also a lot of wasp husks, which would have pleased Minty, caught up in the old webs just outside the window. All is now tidy and I'm going to reward myself with some simming and a large cup of darjeeling.

Went out this morning to the Post Office and found that the whole street had been carpeted with conkers. The trees were hurling them off their branches and lots of kids were collecting them. Good autumnal fun (until one of them takes out an eye). I collected some specimens.

[Image: Conkered.jpg]

Yeah - get a load of my conkers!

I do love Autumn. Best season of them all. Yes
01-10-2013, 10:52 AM
First day of October? How did that happen? This year is going ridiculously quickly. Oh well, after Tasia treated us to some jokes, I shall celebrate the new month with a short class in natural history. Biggrin

Look at this amazing gold beetle! He is a "golden tortoise beetle". They should make these a collectable in TS3.

[Image: 65045_673899089297772_2067690400_n.jpg]

Oooooh, shiny!

Also here are some weird-looking trees from an island called Socotra.

[Image: 1382018_673914129296268_77078978_n.jpg]

They look as though they could have been the inspiration for the wacky-looking plants on Lunar Lakes, especially the pink-leaf one.
01-10-2013, 10:59 AM
Interesting, I think I should add Socotra to my 'must visit one day' list (not that I have one).

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

01-10-2013, 11:34 AM
Go out early into a beautiful autumn morning, clean all the outside gutters of leaves & pour a mixture of domestos & hot water down them to be safe (there was something really foul smelling in one of them), brush the path, leave the garden pristine.

No sooner indoors & there's a mad gush of wind that not only tips more leaves off my trees, but from every other garden from nearby into mind & back to square one in seconds.

Mother Nature, you are the bitch whore of Hades PissedOff

Still, the internet has cheered me up. Rangers recorded losses of over £14 million & their shares have now dipped down to 48p as a result - less than half of what they were worth. Coming on the back of an investigation into more sectarian chanting at Ibrox (& pictures of army personel there proudly holding sectarian scarves & banners), with any luck this vile club will be back in administration where they belong.

Ollie, no thoughts yet on the new GTA?

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
01-10-2013, 04:38 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2013 04:38 PM by Caspin.)
(01-10-2013 10:59 AM)Ollie Wrote:  Interesting, I think I should add Socotra to my 'must visit one day' list (not that I have one).

It's somewhere near Yemen, so not top of my list.

Poor Minty with the trees undoing all his good work sweeping up the leaves. He should really take off his apron now and enjoy a little rest.

*Waits to be told that real men don't wear aprons* (but they do sweep, apparently)
02-10-2013, 11:08 AM
Need to keep away from other humans. Lots of people are going off sick, folk coughing all over the place on the bus, generally people look a bit knackered. Lots of headaches being reported. I really don't want to be ill. Nah

Going to the opera tonight. Yes, I am so la-di-dah, am I not. Off to the Coliseum to see Die Fledermaus. I am promised "sparkle and sensation". The production is staged art-deco style, so it should look good.

I was thinking about Ollie's non-existent list of places to visit. I do have such a list and here is the current top five:

1. Japan
2. Belgium
3. Iceland
4. Cuba
5. Sweden (I've been there before but I liked it so much, it remains on the list)

Belgium should be the most easily achievable.

Here endeth today's musings.

Smile
02-10-2013, 11:35 PM
First sign that autumn is here - phoning your surgery to book a flu jab for the end of the month.

First sign that people are stupid - being phoned back five minutes later to be asked if you want to have your flu jab today because everyone's cancelled for today's session because of the narcolepsy scare in the papers today.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
03-10-2013, 09:41 AM
Well some people really do believe everything they read. Even if they are reading it in a newspaper that is only fit for wrapping fish and chips rather than as a source of information. It's great that people read. Shame they do not also think.

So you can get a flu jab and my folks back home can get theirs, but I've seen nothing down here so far. They must be starting at the top and working their way down!
04-10-2013, 05:12 AM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2013 06:58 AM by Ollie.)
Oh dear, I've ran out of space on my PS3, I can't even download a demo. xD this is sad.

Okay so after doing a bit of cleNing up of space on my PS3's hard drive I managed to download and play the Beyond: Two Souls demo. It may only be a ten hour game but I think I'm in love. So far it has one of the best game soundtracks that I've which also delivers great emotion. I think this may be the last game that I buy for this generation, it seems truly spectacular.

Also thanks to James from The Sim Supply, I now have a plumbot headband and USB, which is awesome! Big Grin

[Image: od8QQA8.png]