Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
The Official Nonsense Thread
01-05-2016, 03:09 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2016 03:12 PM by Caspin.)
RE: The Official Nonsense Thread
You can't edit townies? But what if their outfits are preposterous - or were TS2 townies less dramatically hideous than in TS3. I can't really remember them! I do remember one blonde teenager who always ended up dating my sims' teenagers. I think her name was Summer and it suited her.

We are slap bang in the middle of the long weekend here. I love May and all its lovely bank holidays. I have been experimenting in the kitchen, trying to perfect mini chocolate and vanilla cakes. They have turned out quite well I think. The pollen count is very high and there is a weird pressure in my sinuses that keeps giving me headaches, so I don't really feel like doing much but at least I'm not at work feeling like this. I had a day off last week and woke up with the beginning of a migraine. I didn't know whether to be relieved that I didn't have to go to work or angry that it was ruining my day off!

You should all rejoice and wave flags in celebration of Marine winning the league cup, by the way (hence my celebratory black and white cakes - sort of). It's a bloody ugly cup (looks like a massive horn with a group of tiny guys stood around it for no particular reason) but nice to get a bit of silverware! Clapping

Also went to a whisky tasting and had a few interesting drams. No idea what they were as it is all done by codes rather than names and I didn't like any of them so much as to pursue their identities. It's a good way to try things, though, as you don't have any preconceived ideas based on the branding or knowledge of the distillery. The organiser did let slip that one of them was from a cask from Glenfarclas, which I was glad she told us afterwards as it would have put me off. The only Glenfarlcas I've ever had before that made me retch, it was so disgusting. But this one was very nice. Just goes to show you have to keep trying new things. Yup.

Haveadrink
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2016, 01:14 PM
Hope you feel better soon. Meanwhile I've had a bad cough for the last little while. It's only a cold so all I can do is wait it out. PissedOff
02-05-2016, 07:46 PM
I feel a bit better today. Hope your cough clears up soon. We'll have to open a sick bay here. Minty can put on his apron and bring us bowls of soup and hot toddies while we lie about in pyjamas and read our books. Not that I'd be in any hurry to recover under such arrangements. Biggrin

Sadly the long weekend is drawing to a close and work looms on the horizon. But I have a trip to the Globe to look forward to on Friday so I'll keep cheerful. Have a good week, all.
02-05-2016, 11:34 PM
He can bring us plenty of polenta and Kraft Dinner. Biggrin

I thought I'd be completely okay at work today but closing in on lunch time I was just exhausted from not getting a whole lot of sleep the last few nights. I have a ton of sick time so I took a half day and came home. I have been coughing a bit but nothing so bad as the hack attacks I had over the weekend. I should be fine for tomorrow. As long as I get some sleep tonight.
One can only hope.
08-05-2016, 02:54 PM
It's a bit hot here. The obnoxiously loud neighbours are lying outside, cooking themselves slowly, while talking into their phones. I should get a water gun.

Had a pretty good week, work was ok, the elections less disastrous than they could have been and I had a great time at The Globe. I was persuaded to go to see A Midsummer Night's Dream, which is my least favourite Shakespeare play. I almost hate it. However I am very glad I gave it a chance as it was a fantastic production and I laughed my head off. Fantastic live music too, with a lady playing a sitar who sat cross-legged for three hours. If I did that I'd probably never walk again!

In other news, some spider must have laid a bunch of eggs somewhere, which hatched last week. About 100 tiny spiders have been collected and put out. The infestation appears to have ended now but I'm glad I wasn't away so I could at least deal with them as the appeared (and before they got too big). Imagine coming back from holiday to find a spider-based apocalypse!

Omg
08-05-2016, 11:29 PM
(01-05-2016 03:09 PM)Caspin Wrote:  You should all rejoice and wave flags in celebration of Marine winning the league cup, by the way (hence my celebratory black and white cakes - sort of). It's a bloody ugly cup (looks like a massive horn with a group of tiny guys stood around it for no particular reason) but nice to get a bit of silverware! Clapping

It's one of those sponsors trophies that looks like a The Trophy Centre effort, isn't it? Biggrin

Congrats anyway!

(08-05-2016 02:54 PM)Caspin Wrote:  Had a pretty good week, work was ok, the elections less disastrous than they could have been and I had a great time at The Globe. I was persuaded to go to see A Midsummer Night's Dream, which is my least favourite Shakespeare play. I almost hate it. However I am very glad I gave it a chance as it was a fantastic production and I laughed my head off. Fantastic live music too, with a lady playing a sitar who sat cross-legged for three hours. If I did that I'd probably never walk again!

In other news, some spider must have laid a bunch of eggs somewhere, which hatched last week. About 100 tiny spiders have been collected and put out. The infestation appears to have ended now but I'm glad I wasn't away so I could at least deal with them as the appeared (and before they got too big). Imagine coming back from holiday to find a spider-based apocalypse!

Omg

Must admit AMNS is my favourite Shakespeare play of the few I'm acquainted with, but it's got to have the right people. If you get the actor playing Nick Bottom or Puck being too determined to steal the show it can be a drag & the four star crossed lovers need a certain hamminess to make it all the funnier. Glad yours turned out fine.

I wonder if your spiders are going to find anything to eat. It's May & apart from a few bumblebees & daddy long legs, there's not an insect about. It's getting worrying, & a lot of the trees up here are still bare.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
10-05-2016, 01:27 PM
I like Hollywood's take on 'AMND' - Michelle Pfeiffer and the rest. My favourite Shakespeare play is 'The Tempest'. I know it was written toward the end of of the Bard's life and nobody dies in it so it might be considered a little tame. It was the first play I studied in High School so I guess that's why I'm so fond of it.
20-05-2016, 11:06 AM
Ah yes, The Tempest is a good thing. I'm going to see that in November in Stratford. It might be a bit of a weird version as they are using a lot of digital technology in the show. Might work, or might be annoying. We will see.

My favourite Shakespeare play is definitely Macbeth. Nothing else comes close. Perhaps because I was Lady Macbeth when we did it at school and I enjoyed going nuts running about on stage washing my hands (but we did AMND at school as well, so early exposure to a play did not result in any affection in that case). I go to see it as often as possible. I didn't really like Macbeth being played by Fassbender in the recent film. He had clearly put in a lot of effort but for me he just looked too hipster and I kept thinking he was going to come strolling out of the mist carrying a flat white. The most convincing was Kenneth Brannagh in a production he did in a church that had been filled with mud. It was put on in Manchester but they beamed it out into cinemas elsewhere. Everyone was filthy and all the battles looked great, with swords waving about and people being pelted with flying soil. Although I must admit I may have started out slightly biased as I kind of fancy Kenneth Brannagh and, if I hadn't been watching it at my local cinema I might have just run up and licked the screen. Fortunately I have terrific self-control.

I mean look at this.

[Image: macbeth-mud-580.jpg]

*fans self*

Anyway, how is everyone? Minty's niece/nephew must be about ready to start school by now, kids grow so fast these days. Biggrin

And simspeaker, what is going on in your new avatar? I tried zooming in but the resolution goes. I can just see two hands!
21-05-2016, 11:57 PM
A happy Hibee day - still can't believe it! When they blew their lead & went 2-1 down, thought that was it. But they powered back into it & got a very well deserved win.

Yeah, I know, why's a Hearts fan happy about Hibs winning the Scottish Cup, well after 114 years since the last one if anyone deserved it, it was them. At least now Irvine Welsh has got the perfect plot setting for Trainspotting 3 in the bag! Biggrin

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
22-05-2016, 04:11 AM
Hibs won? Great! To be honest all I know about the Hibs is from what I heard the Proclaimers sing.
And Irvine Welsh made a Trainspotters 2? I hadn't heard owt about it. Is that sexy beast Carlyle in it again? BeatingHeart Also, I have not seen the first one although I do know there's a really disgusting toilet and a big bar brawl in it.