Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
The Official Nonsense Thread
28-07-2015, 04:10 AM
RE: The Official Nonsense Thread
(27-07-2015 06:42 AM)Minty Wrote:  
(24-07-2015 10:48 AM)bambigoddess Wrote:  I just have to say...this makes me SO incredibly happy!! Egyptiandance

Okay, I give up, what is the "this" you are referring to?

I started this thread almost 7 years ago! It's amazing to me that it's still around and going strong Clapping BeatingHeart

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD
Quote this message in a reply
30-07-2015, 03:31 PM
I need some help from you UK'ers. There's a game show on BBC 1 called "Pointless" (I don't watch it) that occasionally does a spin-off called "Pointless Celebrities". I was told yesterday (second-hand information) that Richard Hammond had starred on that sometime ago. My problem is, I can't find when. I've been all over IMDb and other various TV sites trying to get an air date. But I can't find one. BangHead Can someone PLEASE help me?? I'm starting to believe the person who told my boyfriend this tidbit was either high, drunk, or hallucinating.

Am I just looking in the wrong places? This has been bothering me since I always find what I'm looking for. Thanks in advance.

Rifftrax - Some movies have it coming! http://www.rifftrax.com

Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with Rifftrax. Just a fan. I think they're awesome. BeatingHeart

I'm Richard Hammond's biggest American fan. BeatingHeart
30-07-2015, 08:33 PM
Crumbs, I have no idea. Sorry! I know the programme but I think I've only watched about ten minutes of it in total. I don't really like game shows. I tried googling "pointless Richard Hammond" but the results were not what you seek.
30-07-2015, 11:56 PM
It will have been an episode of Pointless Celebrities, one of those editions where they are competing for various charities. Hammond was on almost every BBC celeb show after recovering from his crash all those years ago, but I cannot find him listed.

The celebrity editions were from 2011, by which time he was no longer in as much demand. It tends to be more lightweight Z listers needing to top up their pension pots who appear on it like Anthea Turner & Christopher Biggins.

They may have been getting mixed up with Richard Osman, the gonk with the glasses who is the show's version of Carol Vorderman.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
31-07-2015, 12:53 PM
Everyone is drinking coconut water, it seems. It's the new water. It would be more interesting if they were drinking it out of coconuts. With little parasols. And rum. Or if I could watch them try to open coconuts to get their water, which is bloody hard work. My normal water looks very boring. Someone has stated, in line with the manufacturer's blurb, that their coconut drink is "hydrating", which is true but not a special feature of the beverage. I might time how long this fad lasts *notes date*

Perhaps Minty is correct about the Pointless Richards. A case of mistaken identity.

You can see how that might happen Tongue

[Image: Richard-Hammond.jpg]

[Image: Richard-Osman-009.jpg]
01-08-2015, 09:29 PM
Coconut water's nothing special. I've had the chance to drink it right out of the coconut. Bland stuff.
01-08-2015, 10:22 PM
(30-07-2015 08:33 PM)Caspin Wrote:  Crumbs, I have no idea. Sorry! I know the programme but I think I've only watched about ten minutes of it in total. I don't really like game shows. I tried googling "pointless Richard Hammond" but the results were not what you seek.
I tried for the same and got nowhere! Thanks to everyone who helped! I think it was a case of my boyfriend's UK friend getting mixed up with the names. I don't know why. Wacko BTW, I stole that Hammond pic to add to the 484 others I have. Biggrin

Rifftrax - Some movies have it coming! http://www.rifftrax.com

Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with Rifftrax. Just a fan. I think they're awesome. BeatingHeart

I'm Richard Hammond's biggest American fan. BeatingHeart
02-08-2015, 08:07 PM
Glad the picture was of use!

Another weekend zips by at lightning speed. Finished watching "The Thick of It" last night, so no matter what I choose next there is bound to be a marked reduction in swearing! Biggrin Going to try "Better Call Saul", the spin-off from "Breaking Bad".
03-08-2015, 11:43 PM
Cilla Black's dead? There's a Surprise Surprise.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
05-08-2015, 01:08 AM
Cooler days of late. There are times I love August. Most of time I love August.